Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday check in

First off, let me say that I am not responding to comments because for some reason, I am not able to make a comment on blog spot. I don't know if my work is blocking it or what, but I am not ignoring you! Thanks for your comments! I will try to respond when I have access to the comment section!

OK well, I went to look over the garden last night in the 30 minutes between work and swimming lessons that turned into a Bible Study that didn't get me home until 10 PM. lol I was able to get a wonderful harvest! 3 1/2 lbs again! Huge cucumbers, pickling and lemon, squash, tomatoes, strawberries (2), beans and I harvested some Jalapeno peppers that were suppose to be for my sister, but I forgot it!


Here are some updated pictures. Here is a bell pepper that really hasnt done anything but grow and survive. No blooms, no fruit, nothing. All of my bell peppers are not really doing anything. Is this normal?


My lettuce containers.




Upside down tomato. This has blooms but no tomatoes. But it is younger than the Tiny Tim Tomato plant and I just recently had fruit so....


Tiny Tim Tomato


My tomato plants that started out as Peppers! LOL


My overall garden.


Harvest that has yet to be eaten lol


I am going to get out in the garden tonight to take pics of the watermelons. They are getting so big and they are SO CUTE!!! I can't seem to find ANY cantaloupe females. I am going to take pictures of my vines and hopefully you guys can tell me if I am just overlooking them. I am going to self pollinate them if I do have some! lol The watermelon is putting it to shame! And the cantaloupes had male blooms before the watermelon! *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. mmmmm...you have to love harvest tables. Things look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely harvest!

    My cantaloupe are doing nothing but blooming. I'm not holding out any hope for them to bear anything, as all the blossoms look just the same to me. I hope I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went out tonight to see if there were ANY females but all I could see were males. I was so dissapointed until I realized that the watermelon that I had was actually a cantaloupe! Now I am kinda depressed it isnt watermelon LOL I have no idea how the cantaloupe got so far over to where the watermelon plant is but oh well! lol

    Thanks for the compliments. I just now have to get to eating it!

    ReplyDelete